Fire HD 10 Plus is a super affordable tablet made by Amazon mainly for media consumption and e-reading purpose but also you can use this lightweight tablet for gameplay, web browsing, video calling, and similar stuff like this.
In the current situation, many of us are doing a lot of studies, exams, meetings, coaching, and shopping online, so in many cases, we have to rely on mobile phones or computers. In this case, the most user-friendly option is mobile which can be used immediately but due to its small display, sometimes we prefer to use a PC.
And for that, the demand for tablets is increasing day by day which is a user-friendly device and it has a relatively large display which is ideal for video conferencing or online training, meeting, etc.
Amazon releases this New Fire HD 10 Plus on 26th May 2021, it’s the upgraded version of Fire HD 10 which launched in 2009. Although design-wise there is not much of a difference between the two the plus model has some specific pluses like the RAM is 4GB one GB more, you get wireless charging support, and the bezels are narrower than Fire HD 10.
With a slightly better display, stereo speakers with Dolby Sound, USB Type-C port, large battery, Fire OS 7, built-in Alexa, and Amazon-specific services the Fire HD 10 Plus is a nice upgrade where Amazon wants to offer more features at an almost similar price range.
Amazon is also offering a Bluetooth keyboard with a case and wireless dock as additional accessories, but they are not part of the tablet you have to buy them separately. Here Amazon is offering a combo deal to purchase Fire HD 10 Plus along with 12 months of Microsoft office 365 subscription and a case with Keyboard at a reasonable price.
Price and Availability:
The Fire HD 10 Plus comes in Slate color and is available in two storage options 32GB and 64GB along with 4GB RAM. You can increase the storage up to 1TB by using a Micro SD card.
The main selling point is the price as Fire tablets remain very affordable over the years. They continue the same tradition right now the 4GB/32GB version costs you $129 and the 4GB/64GB version for $169. These prices may vary from time to time so keep an eye on this.
Those prices include lock screen Ads, where Ads are displayed as a screensaver when your device is in sleep mode and at the bottom of your device’s home screen. On Fire tablets, they are displayed on the lock screen.
If you originally purchased a device with ads, you can unsubscribe by making a one-time payment to cover the difference between the device price with and without ads. Add another $15 to remove Ads. You can buy these tablets direct from Amazon.
10.1” 1080p IPS LCD display with 16:10 aspect ratio
|Resolution|| (1920 x 1200) with over 2 million pixels (224 PPI),
295.8 cm2 (~72.1% screen-to-body ratio)
|Dimensions||9.73” x 6.53” x 0.36” (247mm x 166mm x 9.2 mm)|
|Weight||16.5 oz (468 g)|
|Screen protection||Screen strengthened with aluminum silicate-coated Glass|
|Software||Fire OS 7.3 based on Android 9 Pie|
|Processor, GPU||Mediatek MT8183 Helio P60T (12 nm)|
|Storage||32GB/64GB expandable by Micro SD|
|External memory||Add a microSD card for up to 1 TB of additional storage|
|Battery||Li-Po 6500mAh non-removable|
|Charging||9watt charger in the Box|
|Wireless charging||fast wireless charging using a 15-watt charging dock|
|Headphone Jack||Yes, 3.5 mm|
|Special features||Stereo speakers with Dolby sound, Widevine L1 support, Alexa|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0,|
|Sim card||no sim card wifi only|
|Price (INDIA)||$129 for 4GB/32 GB and $169 for 4GB/64GB|
Design, Build, and Display:
Design-wise everything is pretty simple and basic, the tablet is made out of polycarbonate and is very lightweight 468 grams, and measures 9.73” x 6.53” x 0.36” (247mm x 166mm x 9.2 mm). The dimension and size are manageable you don’t feel the weight for longer usage.
On the ports and button section, we have pretty much everything at the right a volume rocker, power button, two built-in microphones, USB- a type C 2.0 port, and a 3.5 mm headphone jack. For audio, we have dual stereo speakers with Dolby Audio, and the speakers produced good sounds.
The front and back are pretty clean just having the two cameras, at the back we have a single 5 MP camera at the top right corner and a new Amazon logo, and the front is protected by screen strengthening Aluminosilicate glass and under the glass, we have a 2 MP camera.
In terms of display, we have a 10.1” 1080p display (1920 x 1200) with over 2 million pixels (224 PPI) which is not so bright in our opinion if you’re using an AMOLED but keep the price in mind we never complain. The display is not bad or worst a bit better than the previous Fire tablet.
There’s no HDR here, so while watching videos some details can get lost in particularly dark and light areas of the frame, but most of us don’t notice it, but is something interesting for those who are more prone to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other platforms where you get the Widevine L1 support so watching content on Full HD is possible.
The bezels are also a bit narrower than the previous model 0.6 millimeters (0.02 inches) and the nicely curved edged and corners are look good when you held them in your hand no cheap feeling here.
The front camera placements are on the wider section like in landscape mode so you have to hold it horizontally in video calls to get a better view. The display is good for document viewing, web browsing, reading kindle, and watching movies. So overall the Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus looks more elegant and premium than you might expect given its price.
Processor and Performance:
The Fire HD 10 Plus has the same 12nm Mediatek Helio MT8183 P60T Octa-core processor where four Cortex-A73 cores running at 2.0 Ghz and the other four Cortex- A53 cores at 2.0 Ghz. On the GPU section, it has the Mali-G72 MP3 clocked at 800 MHz.
Although the processing power is the same but still the Fire HD 10 Plus gives you better performance thanks to the extra 4 GB RAM, it boosts the overall performance, and multitasking is very much possible here.
If you compare it with a Snapdragon processor with a huge 6 or 8GB RAM then it’s unfair but considering the price it’s perfect. Yes, you will be able to do everything you want to do on the Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus, but you might also be waiting a few more milliseconds for certain operations to complete than you might like.
Light games like Minecraft, watching HD content on Netflix/Youtube/Prime video, video calling, writing, and taking notes all are fine and no slowness, the app opening time is more but everything running ok. A dedicated game mode also works well it turns off hands-free Alexa and other background tasks when playing.
The tablet has a 6500 mAh non-removable battery inside and amazon claims it should give you up to 12 hours of battery backup watching youtube. Using a less powerful processor and low-resolution display increases the battery life.
Battery life is very good. The tablet will last a couple of days with mixed-use or more than 10 hours when you stream videos over wifi, browse the web, play small games, video call, and other stuff. But of course, playing graphically intensive games significantly decreases battery life.
On the charging front, the tablet fully charged from 0 to 100% in approximately 4 hours while connected to the provided (9W) adapter, while the device is on standby. Fully charge in as little as 3.5 hours with a 15W Wireless Charging Dock for Fire HD 10 Plus (11th Generation) by Anker (sold separately).
Fire OS 7:
The new tablet runs the same Fire OS 7.3 as the previous version and the Fire HD 8, which is based on Android 9 Pie but lacks Google’s services and the Play store, instead of relying on Amazon’s App Store and services.
Amazon claims this device receives guaranteed software security updates until at least four years after the device is last available for purchase as a new unit from their websites.
The Fire OS is heavily optimized and the overall experience is good the OS is absolutely amazon centric, and features like Echo Show, Alexa, Amazon Prime video, music, Kindle, and others are pre-installed and optimized for this tablet.
Other apps can be installed like Netflix, Facebook, Hulu, Instagram, TikTok, Zoom, Skype, and many more through Amazon’s Appstore. For official work like Checking email, updating shopping lists, and setting reminders. Using your favorite apps like Microsoft Office, OneNote, and Dropbox is very much possible.
You need an Amazon account to use the tablet, plus a Prime subscription giving access to Prime Video to make the most of it.
The Split Screen feature is also introduced in Fire OS 7.3 that shows two compatible apps, Facebook Messenger and Prime Video, open side by side for easy multitasking.
There is no Google Play Store instead you have Amzon play store which is a customize play store for Fire devices. You can find almost all popular apps and games here.
But don’t worry we have shown you the method so that you can sideload and install the google play store without breaking anything. Just follow the below instructions carefully to install Play Store.
How to Install Google Play Store on Fire Devices?
- Go to this AndroidPolice Link where you find all the steps and apk packages to install Play Store.
- It’s very easy for anyone can do this just you have to follow the instruction and do the steps in the correct order.
- First of all, make sure you have installed from an unknown source enabled, just go to settings>security and privacy>here you might find silk browser or any other tap on it > enable it.
- Listen very carefully you have to download these four apk files Google Account Manager, Google Services Framework, Google Play Services, and lastly Play Store apk, and install them in the same order.
- After downloading open your file manager from the tablet and open the downloaded section where you find those apk’s but install those in the same order.
- After installing Restart your tablet now you have the Paly Store running on your Fire HD 10 Plus.
- There is a 5-megapixel camera at the back and 2 MP on the front and they’re capable of shooting 720p videos. The performance is average and this helps them to lower the price by reducing quality. Cameras are ok for the calling purpose.
- On the connectivity section, you have WiFi that supports 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) wifi networks.
- The Built-in Bluetooth 5.0 LE with support for A2DP compatible stereo headphones, speakers, microphone, and LE accessories.
- Fire HD 10 Plus has Accelerometer, ambient light sensors, and a 3.5 mm headphone jack, and Printing documents to the nearby wifi-enabled printer is supported.
- Alexa and Fire HD 10 Plus are designed to protect your privacy. For example, you can view and delete your voice recordings or use the Alexa Hands-Free Mode on/off toggle at any time.
- There’s a new smart-home button in the bottom left of the navigation bar that gives you instant access to devices such as lights and speakers you’ve set up with Alexa.
New Charging Dock for Fire HD 10 Plus:
- Easy to use: You don’t have to plug in your tablet with a general charger Just drop your tablet in the dock and let it charge.
- Alexa and show mode transform your tablet into an immersive, full-screen Alexa experience, optimized for visibility across the room. Just ask Alexa to show news, check the weather, view camera feeds, make a video call, set alarms, play your favorite video and music, and much more.
- Dock your Fire HD 10 Plus (11th Generation) tablet in either portrait or landscape mode. The cradle helps guide your tablet to a convenient and comfortable fixed viewing angle.
- Fast Charging: Charge to 100% in as little as 3.5 hours with 15W of high-speed wireless charging.
A Wireless Charging Dock, Power Supply, and Quick Start Guide are included inside the package and the Wireless dock costs you $49.99
New Bluetooth Keyboard with Detachable case in Black:
If you want to use your Fire HD 10 Plus for office and writing works and at the same time need a good quality detachable case then purchasing the Keyboard and case combo is a good idea. some of the features are…
- Instantly transforms from a wireless keyboard, into a sleek cover. This Bluetooth Keyboard Case features durable protection, adjustable viewing angles, and attaches magnetically. The keyboard is designed for a comfortable typing experience.
- An upper protective cover is made of polycarbonate material coated with durable PU leather, which allows full access to all ports, sensors, speakers, microphones, and cameras.
- Suitable for Home, Office, or School use. Perfect for typing emails, note-taking, document writing, and web browsing.
- Seamlessly detach the keyboard or adjust your viewing angle to customize your viewing experience when watching videos, viewing photos, typing, and more.
- Instantly wake your Fire HD 10 (11th Generation) when you open the cover and send it to sleep mode when you close it. The keyboard will also enter its sleep mode after 30 minutes of inactivity – simply press any key to wake the keyboard up again.
A Keyboard with a detachable case, USB-C Charging Cable, and User Manual are included inside the box and it costs you $39.99
Should you buy the Fire HD 10 Plus?
To be honest, the market for tablets is less comparative and most companies have stopped making good tablets. So Apple and Samsung are dominating the world of tablets and of course, their devices are awesome but they are very expensive for budget users. That’s why Fire HD 10 is a great choice for a cheap tablet, especially for online reading or media consumption.
Even though the Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus is the best of the series yet, it’s still going to appeal mostly to the same audience as before – those who want a cheap, reliable tablet for doing some social media checking, some online reading, and some music and video streaming.
We know Amazon here is upselling too many products with one tablet and all the offers are tempting. There are too many options like you get the tablet with Ads or without, extended warranty, screen protector, standing cover, Memory card but it’s a choice.
Amazon also offers a“productivity bundle” here with Keyboard and Microsoft Office 12 month subscription and it’s nice to see Amazon trying to make these more flexible but, make no mistake, there is a reason that companies like Apple and Samsung charge so much more for their devices. However, if you aren’t expecting an iPad-like experience, we think most folks should be genuinely happy with the HD 10 Plus.